Bill Palmer, retarded delusional is at it again ...
First, his site; that loosely tries to compete against Jackwhispers, called Mac Mischief; hasn't been updated for two weeks now. That seems to happen a lot to the people that really have nothing to say or anything of value to bring to their audience.
So where has Bill been? Off promoting LoadPod on more national radio shows? No, he's apparently been busy with a new editorial
This editorial discusses, amongst other things, that the Mac Mini is failing.
Reasons (his reason in bold, JackWhisper's rebuttal follows each):
1) Hidden Sales figures - Apple doesn't parse its sales figures for any model of consumer Mac except occasionally the iBook. They NEVER have under Steve Jobs and never will. It's no one's business. However, he does quickly gloss over the incredible detail that total Macs sold were 40% higher, than this time last year, for the recently ended quarter! He also doesn't have an interview with any peripheral company asking them why they are so stupid to release a Mac Mini accessory for a failing product. There are no less than 5 of these type of gadgets out there now. Oh wait, I forgot, these companies actually do research on sales figures before releasing product. Did Bill do research before releasing his editorial?
2) Sales Of the Mini have slowed - he makes no credible argument for this
3) Tiger is out and no advertising - Apple hasn't advertsied ANY Apple computer in almost 3 years - the last one; was the original LCD iMac at launch!
4) Apple Updated the eMac - this argument too has relatively nothing to do with the Mini, as they appeal to totally different consumers - education vs newcomers/2nd Mac buyers
5) Sales in Best Buys are bad - of course, as usual with any Bill Palmer story, he can't link to any statistic or quote from a Best Buy sales manager.
Here is an article showing how MacMini sales are actually way above estimates.
This guy is becoming so ridiculous - I may have to create a new website - BillWhispers!
[UPDATE] A Reader pointed out that MacSlash - a favorite website of mine - has the slogan A Daily Dose Of Macintosh News & Discussion"
Bill's MacMischief website lists the exact same tagline!